We are committed to providing the best possible service to our patients. Your health care is based on a partnership between yourself and our primary care team. The success of this partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation between us.
Our responsibility to you:
- You will be treated as a partner in the care you receive.
- You will be treated courteously and respectfully at all times, irrespective of your ethnic origin, religious belief, personal attributes or the nature of your health problems.
- Following discussion you will receive the most appropriate care, given by suitably qualified people. No care or treatment will be given without your informed consent.
- We will give you full information about the services we offer.
- We will provide you with information about how to make suggestions or complaints about the care and treatment we offer. We want to improve services, and therefore welcome any comments you have.
Your responsibility to us:
- Please treat all Practice staff with the same respect as is shown to you.
- It is our job to give you the best treatment and advice. In the interest of your care and treatment it is important for you to understand all the information given to you. Please ask questions if you are unsure of anything.
- Please ask for a night visit only when you feel it is really necessary, and for home visits by the doctor only when you are too ill to visit the surgery.
- Do everything you can to keep appointments, tell us as soon as possible if you cannot, and be ready to provide information about your past illnesses, medication, hospital admissions and any other relevant details.
- We will not tolerate violent or abusive behaviour to any member of staff within our practice and such behaviour will result in your being removed from the Practice list.