Welcome to Mountsandel Medical Centre Online
NEWS: COVID -19/Corona Virus update, 20.3.2020
There has been an unprecedented surge in demand for prescription medicines which is creating a lot of pressure on our Community Pharmacists.
Please order only what you actually need.
We will not be issuing additional or excessive requests for medication.
We also have taken decision to close our Aghadowey Branch Surgery after reviewing the risks and trying to manage the current demands on the practice with staff self isolating.
Please call 028 70342650 for any telephone triage or any queries.
Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
- Stay at home if you have either:
> a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
> a new, continuous cough – this means you've started coughing repeatedly
- Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you're staying at home.
- Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you're staying at home.
How long to stay at home
- if you have symptoms, stay at home for 7 days
- if you live with other people, they should stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person got symptoms (new advice as of 16 March)
- If you live with someone who is 70 or over, has a long-term condition, is pregnant or has a weakened immune system, try to find somewhere else for them to stay for 14 days.
- If you have to stay at home together, try to keep away from each other as much as possible.
Advice sheet for home isolation
Advice sheet for people who live in the same accommodation as the patient
Testing will generally not be offered unless people are admitted to hospital.
To help reduce the potential spread of infection, we are advising all patients to phone before coming to the surgery.
When you ring us, our staff will ask you some questions to determine your condition. Some of these questions may include if you have a temperature or a cough. These questions help us to determine the best action to take but also helps protect our staff and other vulnerable patients.
If appropriate, you may receive a call back from a GP or be given other relevant advice.
We would appreciate your patience and understanding to these changes in our routine services in light of the advice we receive from the Health Board.
We are pleased to announce the roll out of Multidisciplinary Teams (MDTs) in Mountsandel Medical Centre. For more details, watch the video below or ask a GP or receptionist for more details. Leaflets are also available in the practice.
Online services available:
- Book and cancel GP and phlebotomy clinic appointments online
- View and order your repeat prescriptions
Please note: Patients need to personally register for these services at the reception in the surgery and you need to provide 2 forms of ID.
Already registered? Registered patients can access the services here: http://www.patient-services.co.uk
You can also use this website to:
We are always looking to improve our services, and we would be grateful for your feedback or suggestions which you can leave on our contact page.
About Mountsandel Medical Centre
Our practice area includes Coleraine and its catchment area.
The practice moved to its present, purpose-built premises in April 1989. The Practice is not a limited Partnership. We have a branch surgery in Aghadowey and our aim is to deliver a high standard of care for all our patients.
(Site updated 20/03/2020)