Welcome to Mountsandel Surgery Online
NEWS: We are pleased to announce the roll out of Multidisciplinary Teams (MDTs) in Mountsandel Surgery. Very shortly we will have a physiotherapist, social workers and a mental health practitioner working in the practice to meet your needs. For more details, watch the video below or ask a GP or receptionist for more details. Leaflets are also available in the practice.
Online services available:
- Book and cancel GP and phlebotomy clinic appointments online
- View and order your repeat prescriptions
Please note: Patients need to personally register for these services at the reception in the surgery and you need to provide 2 forms of ID.
Already registered? Registered patients can access the services here: http://www.patient-services.co.uk
You can also use this website to:
We are always looking to improve our services, and we would be grateful for your feedback or suggestions which you can leave on our contact page.
Before requesting an appointment with a GP, please consider the following:
Urgent appointments : If you feel your problem requires urgent advice or assessment by a GP, please inform the receptionist of this when you are requesting an appointment. Your details will then be passed to a GP for triage and they will arrange to speak to you on the telephone or see you in the surgery if necessary.
Do you really need to see a GP? : If you are requesting an appointment with a GP, please consider whether there is another way that your problem or query could be dealt with.
• Ask a receptionist: Receptionists can often pass medication or prescription queries to a GP without the need for an appointment.
• See the treatment room nurse: Our Nurses can help with and give advice for many common problems e.g. blood pressure checks, contraceptive pill reviews, wound problems, minor ailments and minor injuries.
- NEW: See our Physio, Social Worker or Mental Health Practitioner. (See above for more details)
• Request a telephone consultation with a GP for advice: Some telephone consultations may be booked on a daily basis with each GP.
• Minor ailments: Most otherwise healthy adults and children with minor ailments like coughs, colds and sore throats do not need to see a GP. Please consider trying over the counter remedies or seeking advice from your pharmacist.
If you are in doubt about whether your problem can be dealt with without a GP appointment, please ask a receptionist.
You will not always be able to see your preferred GP: Unfortunately in a large busy practice like Mountsandel, it is inevitable that there will be times when an appointment with your preferred or usual GP is not available. Please consider seeing another GP in this circumstance. Your medical notes are fully computerised and available to any GP in the practice so continuity of care should not be compromised.
DNA (Did Not Attend) appointments: Patients who fail to attend appointments are denying other patients access to see their GP. All non-attendances are recorded and monitored. If you are unable to attend an appointment, please let us know in advance (even at short notice) so that the appointment will not be wasted.
About Mountsandel Surgery
Our practice area includes Coleraine and its catchment area.
The practice moved to its present, purpose-built premises in April 1989. The Practice is not a limited Partnership. We have a branch surgery in Aghadowey and our aim is to deliver a high standard of care for all our patients.
(Site updated 09/01/2020)